Project: Kitchen music player with RasPi and SqueezeBox
M'mann Emmanuel Cordente has kindly agreed to share some of the details of his own first project, the aptly-named Squeezeberry which is based on the Raspberry Pi and Squeezebox.
Emmanuel notes the project is mainly based on:
- a Raspberry PI (model A or B)
- a wifi usb dongle
- speakers from a old PC speaker
- a LCD blue screen 16x2 based on HD44780
- a wood case
- a push button
- a rotary encoder switch
- a potentiometer
The SqueezeBerry works with a Logitech Media Server (alias Squeezebox Server).
The SqueezeBerry software is composed by :
- Raspbian (Raspberry OS)
- squeezelite : a squeezebox emulator for linux
- the user interface program
To read more about the creation of this stylish little number, head over to Le blog d'emmaanuel..